During their monthly meeting on Monday, January 22, 2024, the Clinton School District Board of Education unanimously approved to place two resolutions on the April 2, 2024 election ballot. The Board of Education vote followed recommendations by staff, community members, and a Facilities Assessment conducted by Incite Design Studio.
Proposition Cardinals features two questions on the April ballot. Answering yes to both questions will have zero impact on the current total tax levy. Proposition Cardinals will allow the district to address two distinct needs:
Question 1 will ENHANCE safety and facilities with a $14 Million Zero Total Tax Levy Increase Bond and Question 2 will SUPPORT staff with salary and wage increases via a Zero Total Tax Increase Levy Transfer.
If passed on April 2, 2024, Question 1, the Zero Total Tax Levy Increase Bond, will provide for the following:
● Secure entry improvements at Clinton High School
● Address structural concerns, upgrade gym accessibility, renovate existing band room and construct additional band practice rooms at Clinton Middle School
● Construct additional classrooms, upgrade restrooms, and repair parking lots at various buildings in the district
● Upgrade playground equipment, cabinetry/counters, and remediate environmental concerns at various buildings in the district
● Update the cafeteria at Henry Elementary
● Acquire property now leased to the district
● Resurface track and replace football field turf
Question 2, the Zero Total Tax Increase Levy Transfer, will provide salary and wage increases for employees with the purpose of attracting and retaining quality staff. The funds used for these proposals will have no impact on the district’s overall tax levy, resulting in no changes to the tax rate for stakeholders.
“The Clinton School District is fortunate and appreciative to be part of a community who continues to support students and staff,” says Brian Wishard, Superintendent. “Because of good financial management by the Board of Education, the district is able to place both issues on the April ballot with zero impact to our tax levy. These ballot issues will not only allow us to protect and enhance the investment that our community has made in our facilities through the years, but also allow us to attract and retain quality staff by providing needed salary and wage increases.”
More information regarding Proposition Cardinals is available on the district website, www.clintoncardinals.org. If you should have any questions, please contact Superintendent of Schools, Brian Wishard, 660-885-2237 or at email@example.com.